Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend (failure)

So how do you spell disappointment? N-o-e-l-l-e? I know I'm just being super, super hard on me. Weekends are always a food binge lol, I think what may help is if I start working on the weekends and we're busy at work...then I won't have time to shove my face if I am helping customers.

Went to a hockey game last night with my old roomies/bffs Irene & Derek. It was pretty fun we went to Applebees before the game and we order margaritas for happy hour and of course I was so excited because a) I haven't had one in a long time and b) for a double mango blended margarita it was only going to be $5.95 what what. Unfortunatley the bartenders basically gave us all virgin margaritas, aka a splash of tequilla and 99% margarita mix! It was the sourest, sickest drink I have ever tasted in my entire life. Regardeless I was PISSED and even the second one they gave us after we sent the drinks back was only okay - not close to my liking. I think I'll stick to my usually blueberry press or mandarin vodka tonic/soda.

My Mom called me this afternoon and my Dad was in a snowmobile accident. He was going around a bend and because it was icy (He was up at our cabin where there's still snow) he flipped his snowmobile and rolled over the edge of a huge hill. THANK GOD the only injury he got was a broken shoulder. I can't even begin to imagine what else may have happened. I think God is really on my Dad's side. This is his third accident up at our cabin in the last 3 years. My freshman year of college he was on our quad/ATV and he flipped over the edge, thankfully to be unhurt and then a couple months later while he was building a cabin across the street from ours a block of food flew and hit him in the face, knocking him unconcious and missing a large artery by inches...He had to get a lot of reconstructive surgery to fix his eye but luckily he is doing good now with his eye.

It makes me think there must be a higher power! Gotta have faith, huh?




My family. Love them all to death!!!!

Anyway, time for bed it's nearly midnight and I have a feeling tomorrow will be pretty busy. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Aaww very cute picture! I'm so glad your dad is ok, god is on his side for sure. Speaking of, Ash Wednesday is this week. =-0 Talk to you soon~!

    ReplyDelete